5 Ways to support British Farming in 2022
If one of your resolutions for the year is to support your rural community more, you’ve come to the right place!
Here are 5 ways in which you can support your local, British Farming businesses, and make a positive change.
1. Eat Seasonally – It’s better for the environment, it’s also healthier, better tasting and can save you money!
2. Source Local Produce – Farm to Table │Field to Fork │Grass to Glass │ Field to Bottle – lower food miles = better quality!
3. Buy British – Excellent standards, better value for money and boosts the local economy.
4. Visit and Network – Consider booking a farm stay as your next holiday or look out for your local farmers inviting consumers down to the farm for a ‘Meet and Greet’ day. Get involved, ask questions and enjoy yourself!
5. Learn and Educate – Books, webinars, podcasts and vlogs… Make an effort to learn more about where your food comes from and use that knowledge to educate friends, children or colleagues.
By shortening the food chain and reducing food miles, we are making a positive impact to rural communities. Building a relationship with the food producer (i.e: the farmer), is a great way to learn about the process of food production.
You can search for British Farming businesses in your area by visiting our homepage.